Thanks and simplistic MySQL Q

Matt Fuerst fuerstma@msu.edu
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 08:25:53 -0400

Greetings,

Thanks a ton for all the suggestions for catching output from commands (from
a few days back). tee was definetly the answer I was looking for!

Now, a simplistic MySQL question. I've got two boxes. One Apache & PHP
machine, one machine wth MySQL loaded. On both I have loaded the MySQL
Client utilities/applications also for ease of use. Machines are on the same
hub and both have Internal IP Addressing (10.10.10.5 (Apache) and 10.10.10.6
(MySQL))

When I try to connect to the MySQL machine from the Apache machine (via
MySQLGUI, but I am sure it applies to any connection method) I get rejected
since my client is not authorized (I am trying to log in as root). How can I
tell MySQL daemon to let my machine 10.10.10.6 log in? That should be pretty
easy. I RTFM and it wasn't covered in the Setup chapter.

Thanks a ton again!

Matt
Matt Fuerst
fuerstma@msu.edu