LinuxPPC, or MkLinux install

iMacdude@mac.com imacdude@mac.com
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 00:13:33 -0400

I have the install CDs for MK, and PPC Linux.  I have been  trying to
install either on my old Mac 7200/75.  I bought an internal 2gig drive that
I am trying to use, though it is not an "Apple Supported Drive."  The drive
partitions using pdisk, or Harddisk Toolkit, the install goes just fine.
But I just can't get Linux to boot.  PPC comes with xboot that just starts
the install process again.  Mk starts up ok, but when I click "Boot to
Linux," the machine freezes.
   I am not sure which one is better or worse, I would just like to get one
to work.  I am a Linux newby and am itching to dig in.  Is my drive the
problem, or are the manuals missing a step or two?  Help

Thanks
John Belen