bundling thoughts

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:35:38 -0400 (EDT)

What you propose has already been done, Apple bundles Apache, php, perl,
tcl, gcc, etc etc with MacOS X along side IE and a few others which they
get paid for.

So when I say you are a hypocrit, it is because you are supporting a
company M$ that doesnt bundle free software, instead of a company like
Apple who does.

And in fact you are promoting M$ by creating a Free software bundle
instead of promoting a company that already does what you want.

Matter of fact I know the _next_ argument is you don't like Apple
hardware, well Apple's core is Open Source and some people are working on
an X86 port and I am sure they would be more than willing to have some
help getting it ported. All in the spirit of Free software of course.