(I hope) a simple question about installation

Damon Siefert siefertd@msu.edu
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 19:14:40 -0400

I'm trying to figure out whether or not LILO's (and BIOS') 1024th
cylinder limit for boot partitions still exists. Some people in
newsgroups (as well as some HOW-TOs) seem to think that its no longer an
issue, but others have categorically stated that it is necessary to have
ones' boot partition in the first 8.4 gigs. I'm planning to install RH
7.1 on a 40 gig hard-drive (new hardware, so any issues relating to old
BIOSes or hard drives shouldn't really matter) and I want to know
whether I'll have to disturb my current windows partition beyond
shrinking it a little.

Damon