Successful KDE 2.2

Tim Schmidt computer_holic@hotmail.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 04:31:25

Just wanted to let people know...  I've successfully installed KDE 2.2 and
upgraded massive ammounts of software on top of Mandrake 8.0...

I really like it (although konqueror annoys me).

I would rather be using GNOME, but Nautilus crashes way too much and is
slow.  Hopefully that will get better as I see Alan Cox has submitted a
relatively detailed bug report to the Nautilus mailing list.

The KDE installation went relatively well using urpmi...  I also upgraded to
teh latest Mozilla, Abiword, Gnumeric, GTM, + Lyx.

I am pleased to report that KDE 2.2 is significantly (actually very
noticably) faster than KDE 2.1.1

GNOME is still prettier ;)