freebsd

Don Flynn djf2@danu.ili.net
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:50:24 -0400 (EDT)

     Well, this isn't the most lucid error message I've ever seen...but, I
have had something similar to this earlier this month.  That particular
message looks to be whining about a lack of '/etc/rc' rather than
'/bin/sh'.  I'd look over your install to make sure that it went ok.
Failing that, you may want to double check that the disk isn't an issue.
The time I saw something like this the drive was hosed something fierce.