[Re: OT- ATTBI now = @home. Up and running]

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
6 Dec 2001 10:30:42 EST

Jo Dillon <jo@trolltech.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 06 December 2001 12:59 am, you wrote:
>> South Lansing came up much to my delight before 9:30pm when I arrived
>> at home.  Most notable changes just include the obvious change in IP
>> address and the fact that downstream is now hard limited to 1.5 mbps.
>> I'll live, although I was able to top 3 previously.
>
>  Likewise (in Delta Township, Lansing) - I didn't know about the
> downstream though :( Is that permanent or just while they get the new
> service running?

Permanent.  I read somewhere that they're planning on "Introducing tiered
service plans to Better Serve You" at some point, so you pay extra and they
remove the downstream cap (maybe fiddle with the upstream cap too.)  Figures,
eh?  It won't affect me much, I rarely managed to get over 150KB/s even when
the cap wasn't there.

The main question now is "how often do the IPs change?".  The DHCP lease I got
this morning expires in 4 days, or so it says.  (The firewall/router is rarely
rebooted, of course.)  Guess it's time to register with dyndns.org or
something.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
"I backed up my brain to tape, but tar says the tape contains no data...."