Ximian Evolution

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
08 Dec 2001 02:06:21 +0500

OK, Ximian Evolution is improving, I gotta give it that... It's a LOT
more stable than it used to be, though I did still get a component to
crash on me.  My big complaint is the total lack of keyboard support...
Some comands are available via key combinations (ctrl-a to select-all,
ctrl-t to toggle threading), but in general you should expect to use the
mouse most of the time if you want to get anything done.  Which is
really sad, because Evolution does have a LOT of good stuff going for it
(virtual folders, address book, viewing incoming mail while composing
messages!, etc.).  I'd love to get rid of MUTT and move into the age of
the GUI, but I'm not willing to make that jump until I feel that I'll be
able to use the GUI as efficiently as I can use a text-based mail
reader...

Anyways, this message was composed in Evolution (I'm really trying hard
to find enough about it to make the switch, but I just keep running into
some things that bother me enough to prevent that...)