OT: Mac support question

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 03:15:33 -0500 (EST)

trash the Finder Preferences File, the System Preferences file, and reboot
building the desktop (hold down option-command through the boot until it
asks you if you want to rebuild it.) or alternatively you can get a
program like filebuddy or hold the option-key down and look for invisible
files and look for the Desktop DB and Desktop DF files and drag those to
the trash and restart.

This is a generic fix, and it _might_actually be caused by some POS
software like M$ Office Manager, the AOL extension,(puts an icon in the
menu bar), or sometimes the IdleTime extension.

To isolate _which_ POS software is causing the problem
You can go into the Control panels and select the Extension Manager.
And you should be able to create new sets of different loading extensions,
as well as pick only Apple extensions and start trying by the process of
elimination. (half on, half off)

This is about as much help as I can be without knowing more information
(which model iMac and what version of the os, etc)

I suspect rebuilding the desktop, will fix it.