Grr! <rant> <tangent>AIX connection question

Benjamin Minshall minshal1@pilot.msu.edu
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 16:13:45 -0500

Hey AIX "wizards",

I've got an AIX box that tries to do reverse DNS lookups for incoming telnet
connections.  (Yes, telnet is required.  No, ssh is not an option.  No, I
won't give you the IP, because I know it's horribly unsecure)  The problem
is that the IPs it's trying to look up don't have DNS records (and can't get
them).  So it takes about 2-3 minutes to open a connection while DNS times
out.  Is there any way to disable reverse DNS lookups for telnet on AIX?
Thanks.

-Ben