Grr! <rant> <tangent>AIX connection question

Adam McDougall mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 16:46:57 -0500 (EST)

Try putting hostnames for the IP's involved in /etc/hosts and make sure it
is trying to use the hosts file before dns, in unices I've seen it would
be in /etc/host.conf or /etc/nsswitch.conf

Failing this you could setup your own dns server and have that machine use
it for lookups (/etc/resolv.conf?) and put in "fake" zones for the ip
ranges involved.