OT: Mac OS X Developing

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:47:46 -0500 (EST)

Before I forget registration for Mac Hack (its a national 3-day devleoper
conference) is 50 bucks for students its a national thing, and if you
_want_ a job bring your resume (adobe, apple, metrowerks, motorola, Palm,
MacroMedia, M$, etc). Its a really laid back fun affair and its
held in Dearborn in late june.

How in-depth do you want to get? I mean a quick intro to ProjectBuilder
wrap-it for java integration and a good explanation on tweaking the
resource files, packagemaker, The GUIBuilder and integrating that into
your program etc etc. A handout divided by topic about _where_ to get more
information (mailing lists, websites, organizations, etc.). A quick
explanation of the layout of OSX, you could do something pretty cool, you
could always bug out of aqua and into Xfree, to run Gimp or something.
Than back into Aqua.

Altivec with an overview of the technology and intro to programming.
Example of porting A piece of software which is usually pretty trivial.
How to use CVS.
OpenGL.
Display PDF.
Intro to GCC.
Carbon.
Overview of Objective C.
Overview of Java Apps and packaging them.
IOKit.
Perl
Shell scripting.

I dont know I guess I could see a series of presentations.

You could have Ed show up to do an intro to the FreeBSD ports collection.
=)