Fixed Frequency Monitor Modeline

Benjamin Minshall minshal1@pilot.msu.edu
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 19:00:25 -0500

Greetings:

As I mentioned at the last meeting, I have a fixed frequency monitor that
I'm trying to get working with X.  The monitor is an Apple Two-Page
Monochrome with a 13W3 connector.  I purchased a DB-15 to 13W3 connector.

Monitor (this is all the info I could find):

Apple Two-Page Monochrome
1152x870
100.0 MHz Dot Clock
68.7 kHz Hsync
75 Hz Vsync
8 bit color depth
Seperate Sync

Video Card:

Diamond S3
2048k Memory

Problem:

I can't seem to get the modeline definition for this monitor quite right so
I can use it in X.  My video card runs fine, and X comes up; but, when I
plug in the fixed frequency monitor, all I get is wavy noise.  Here's my
modeline as it stands right now:

Modeline "1152x870" 100 1152 1208 1424 1456 870 870 872 916

I derived that modeline from some instructions I found on a website (sorry,
don't have the URL).  Does anyone have an idea as to why this isn't working
for me?  Thanks.

-Ben