Fixed Frequency Monitor Modeline

Paul Melson melson@scnc.holt.k12.mi.us
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 21:41:27 -0500

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 07:00:25PM -0500, Benjamin Minshall wrote:
> I can't seem to get the modeline definition for this monitor quite right so
> I can use it in X.  My video card runs fine, and X comes up; but, when I
> plug in the fixed frequency monitor, all I get is wavy noise.  Here's my
> modeline as it stands right now:
>
> Modeline "1152x870" 100 1152 1208 1424 1456 870 870 872 916

	You set your modeline up correctly, but I think
	you have bad info about your monitor.

> Apple Two-Page Monochrome
> 1152x870
> 100.0 MHz Dot Clock
> 68.7 kHz Hsync
> 75 Hz Vsync
> 8 bit color depth
> Seperate Sync

	There were several manufacturers of this display
	over the years, but AFAIK, the only one that ever
	used a 100Mhz clock was the Ehman 19".  The horiz
	was 62.5kHz, and the vert was 78Hz and the max res
	was 1024x769.

	Lapis made some that were 64.5kHz horiz and 75Hz
	vert with a max res of 1024x828, but I don't have
	any idea what clock frequency they used.  Also, I
	used to have a Mobius on my IIci that had an 88Mhz
	clock, 64.75kHz horiz, 75Mhz vert, and a max res
	of 1024x826.

	If you know that actual manufacturer of the CRT,
	then I can probably get you the exact specs for
	it.

	[Ugh.  Now I have depressed myself, realizing how
	 much of my memory is clogged with useless info
	 about obsolete and inferior technologies.]

PaulM  (crusty old Mac guy, apparently)

--
							melson@holt.k12.mi.us