linux at cse

Adam Pitcher pitcher2@cse.msu.edu
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 15:05:59 -0500

I know I may regret this, but tell me what all you might want on those
machines.  That way you don't flood the manager mail and an open forum
may help.
Yes pine is not installed.  There are no "packages" for pine on storm
linux.  We need to compile and push it out.  Yes NIS is used for
printing like the regular unix machines.  However LPRng doesn't like
linux as well and you have to append the print server.  So you have to
do things like:
lpr -Psound@atlantic somefile
Sound permissions are not right, but thats an easy one to forget.  Other
than that, the machines run nicely.  I run RedHat 7 in my office.  My
KDE environment was the same on the labs.  My xmms had the same
playlist.  My netscape roaming profile kept my browsing/bookmarks/imap
mail.

Let me know.
Adam