AntiTrust

RJG robg54@mediaone.net
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 20:14:02 -0500

Wow, Mike, I meant no disrespect, I hope dinner was good.... anyway.....

Corporate America does not replace it's hardware every 3-4 years.  They
UPGRADE
to larger processors and newer versions of the same OS.  They do not change
their
architecture because a new OS has arrived, ever hear of BEos?  If so, why
didn't people
switch?

Additionally, Windows does not support a billion different hardware
platforms, they
expect everyone to adhere to their APIs, hence plug and play.  Do you really
think
Microsoft sends people out to Kingston, Compaq, Hp to see what they are
doing so
that they can write code to support them?  Have you eve heard of the
Winmodem?

You mention when people buy a new OS they assume that the new OS will
support
their current apps.  What people?  Does Corporate America assume?  I don't
think so.  They do not switch without good cause, not cause it's cool

The "big deal" of X OS is it's isolation, Darwin is the base, it interfaces
with the hardware,
it's the only layer that needs to be modified to accommidate new hardware.
The
rest runs without modification.....

I can write more, but this is sufficient, I await your next retort.....

Rob