minor problem: loading modules at start up

Dam_Edged DamedgedDon'tBother@home.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:14:35 -0500

I have entries in my syslog that read as follows:

modprobe: Can't locate module binfmt -0000
modprobe: Can't locate module binfmt -0000
modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-0-0
modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-1
modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-1-0
modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-1
modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-1-0

I am assuming the errors are occuring at
start up. (correct?)

I have no idea what binfmt is for.
The sound on my machine did not work after I
installed Mandrake 7.2. I used soundconfig(sp)
and the sound works fine despite the errors listed
in the syslog.
Is there a conif file that I can edit, so this
machine doesn't try to load these modules?
I looked at the modules.conf, and I did see an
line that reads:

alias sound-slot-0 sb

Would editing a config file be the best way
to correct this problem?

Thanks
Don Chorman
--
remove Don'tBother from email to respond