minor problem: loading modules at start up

Paul Melson melson@scnc.holt.k12.mi.us
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:56:41 -0500 (EST)

> I have entries in my syslog that read as follows:
>
> modprobe: Can't locate module binfmt -0000
> modprobe: Can't locate module binfmt -0000
> modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-0-0
> modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-1
> modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-1-0
> modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-1
> modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-1-0
>
> I am assuming the errors are occuring at
> start up. (correct?)

     Probably.  Check /etc/rc.d for the file that launches
     these.  If you need them, just `cd` to your kernel source
     directory and run `make modules; make modules_install`
     If not, just comment them out.

PaulM