linux on a laptop

Mike Rambo mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:52:04 -0500

"Daniel R. Kilbourne" wrote:

> So I have a noname generic Pentium 166 laptop with 16 MB RAM. Anyone have a
> suggestion for a distro to run on it?
> Also, does anyone have experience loading Linux onto a laptop that does not
> allow booting off of the CD?

I'm running Redhat 6.2 on the p200/32mb laptop I use here.  In
installing I had problems with the X configuration itself and then the
keyboard configuration while running X both of which were solved with a
little effort (and some advice from others on the list :-).  Performance
has been great from the console and ok while in X.  With only 16mb you
probably won't be as fortunate in that regard.

my 2 cents...

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us