NTP

Jay Pike jay.pike@voyager.net
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:04:27 -0500

Well, I think we are close to what he wants.  I think the point, though,
is that ntp uses port 123/tcp for its communication (with other ntp
hosts).  But, windows uses port 37/tcp and 37/udp for time (not ntp).

What need to happen is to make sure that a) ntp IS updating the local
unix time on the machine it is running on and b) time is launched from
/etc/inetd.conf (or /etc/xinetd.conf).

Then, the windows box will just connect to port 37/tcp and get its time
that way.

I don't know much about Windows, but I would have to imagine that there
is some sort of ntp client for it too.....

jp