Funny

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
12 Jul 2001 10:33:28 -0400

"Marcel Kunath" <kunathma@pilot.msu.edu> writes:

> With laptops its even worse. They still ship the same old motherboards which
> take up to 512 meg of ram. But you don't see any of the laptop makers selling
> them filled up with ram. If you want the full load you pay 700 bucks for
> memory.

Not true.  I just check memory prices last week and I can fully
populate my laptop's memory (to 512 MB) for under $250, possibly
much cheaper.  (And then I could sell the 192 MB it already has.)

I dunno about the rest of your comments; it sounds like a
conspiracy theory to me, and I don't usually believe in
conspiracy theories.
--
"GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems,
 only some of them."