Funny

Scott Wood treii28@yahoo.com
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:46:01 -0700 (PDT)

ebay it!  I stumbled on a reasonably good deal for an older laptop, bag and
accessories a couple of years ago.  It don't do USB unfortunately (16-bit
PCMCIA-II bus - *sigh*) so I will probably upgrade it soon, but will more than
likely keep it around as a MIDI toy when I do.

I started with the default 8 Mb, 1.3 gig hard drive, etc.  It's now maxed on
memory with a 20Gb hd, has an ethernet doc and will soon have the CD/MIDI doc,
etc.  Granted, it is still an older Pentium based machine, but I got all the
accessories with a great deal of patience on eBay and saved a butt-load!

I would probably not get desktop parts this way, but since so many laptops have
proprietary parts, I will generally stick to auction sales for getting them...

Scott