LCD Displays

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:39:58 -0400

Quoted from Ben Pfaff on Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 02:30:37PM -0400:
> Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> writes:
>
> > doesn't make sense.  If you think about it, a 5" VGA LCD display
> > should be *cheap*, maybe $125 considering I've seen 14" monitors
> > under $400...  *sigh*  I guess most people don't think like me...

OK, I found something that looks promising (ironically it says
"Ideal for MP-3 players!!" hehehe).  It's  $99 for a 240x64
graphics LCD module with an RS232 port, and it has 6 push buttons.
Anyone want to take a look and share your opinion on if this will
work for a car mp3 player display, preferably anyone who has thought
of a similar project and might be interested in getting one too? =)

Here's the links:
http://www.earthlcd.com/serial_lcd.htm (showing price and overview)
http://www.earthlcd.com/piclweb/piclindex.htm (product page)

--