LCD Displays

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:45:16 -0400

Quoted from Ben Pfaff on Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 10:28:43AM -0400:
> Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> writes:
>
> > Hmm... found a site on the web where a guy is using a Palm Pilot
> > (actually a Handspring Visor) as a display.... mwhahah.... might
> > require some programming on my part to get it to work, but that
> > would solve both the display and input problems at once... Of
> > course, using my $250 Visor Deluxe for this is a bit of a waste,
> > but I don't seem to use it for anything else anyways... =P
>
> You just need to get an extra cradle for it and use the serial
> interface on that to transmit info between it and the computer.
> Then, *poof*, you've got a detachable-face MP3 player and you can
> still use the Visor as a Visor when you leave the car.

Yeah, and eat through batteries like crazy... ;)  Wonder if there's
a way to power the Visor off the car battery.... ;)  mwhahahah!
smoke and flames!!!!!

The tricky part is going to be the software on the palm end to do
all the interface stuff, since I'll have to figure out how to
display everything and come up with some sort of protocol for
sending information back and forth.

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org