Linux in the Enterprise

Mike Rambo mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 07:49:05 -0400

Dpk wrote:

> I am well aware of Linux's capabilities in the software area, but have
> not dealt much with the hardware aspects.  I am looking to find fair,
> reliable information on hardware RAID 5 systems from 500 MB to 1 TB,
> both SCSI and Fibre Channel, auto loading tape libraries, etc. that
> work with Linux on the x86 architecture.
>
> Thanks,
> Dennis

Compaq's smart array cards are (or appear to be) fully supported
although I've not had a drive fail in an array yet to see how the system
handles the problem.  There is even a support web page devoted to Linux
(was - he's  added FreeBSD, Solaris, and SCO Unix now) on Compaq
Proliant's out there which includes info related to the smart array
card.

http://www.geocities.com/rlcomp_1999/

--
Mike Rambo