debian ?

Daniel R . Kilbourne drk@voyager.net
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 19:47:10 -0400

So, in my current fervor of trying to rid my/the world of RedHat, I have installed Debian potato on a machine at home to (once it gets working 100%) replace a RedHat box I have. Now, this is only the second time I have ever installed Debian. The first was a few months back on a work machine. It was done via FTP and everything went pretty smoothly. This time I installed it at home and, due to bandwidth constraints, I installed via CD. Again everything seemed to go smoothly, until I realised that Debian either skipped networking or does not like my NIC. There is no ether interface, only a loopback. So, debian experts, how do I set up my networking with Debian? (I believe the NIC is a 3COM which worked flawlessly under RedHat/Win2k/FreeBSD). Any hints?

--
Daniel R. Kilbourne