Merit note URGENT: "Code Red" worm attacks require your immediate attention (fwd)

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
20 Jul 2001 10:41:29 -0400

I've now got a set of 28 different machines that probed
cscw.msu.edu with a Code Red signature payload.  Unfortunately
most of these either don't have DNS PTR records at all or are
pretty obviously some idiot's cable modem or DSL, so it's pretty
pointless sending out LARTs.

You think if I collect enough of these Code Red signatures then I
can get some free Mountain Dew?

--
"Writing non-free software is not an ethically legitimate activity, so if
 people who do this run into trouble, that's good!  All businesses based