[Re: asshole virus emailers]

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
26 Jul 2001 13:49:54 EDT

Dpk <dpk@egr.msu.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 01:01:48PM -0400, Keyes, Randall wrote:
>    What email clients do you guys use?  Notes?
>
> Notes? Bah!
> mutt, the mongrel of all mailers!  See http://www.mutt.org/
>
> In the words of its author, Michael Elkins:
> "All mail clients suck. This one just sucks less."

Kmail usually, pine and /usr/bin/mail occasionally, and a few times I've
telnetted to port 110 (keeping a copy of the POP RFC at hand.)  This address
goes through a Web-based form, which blows great steaming chunks (though it
uses qmail as its backend) but there's not much I can do about that.  (Insert
standard rant about how cable/DSL is impossible to get where I live, making it
difficult to run my own mailserver and do it correctly.)

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
"I backed up my brain to tape, but tar says the tape contains no data...."