Interesting problem

Harold Hunt huntharo@msu.edu
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 19:34:54 -0400

Mike,

I've got a 3COM 3C595-TX (PCI, 100BaseTX) that you can borrow/have (if it
works, keep it).

I bought it used for $10 :)

Apparently, FreeBSD has supported the 3C595-TX since release 2.1.6:
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/2.1.6R/notes.html

I should note, however, that this card does not appear to support
full-duplex.  At least, it didn't show up in full-duplex with my Linksys
switch (yeah, I know, p.o.s), and it seemed to be a little strange with that
switch too.  Rather than troubleshooting, I just bought an Intel PRO/100+
instead :)  The card worked fine with an Intel switch that I used to have it
plugged into...

Contact me privately if you want the card,

Harold