AFS on Linux?

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
06 Jun 2001 15:28:05 -0400

Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> writes:

> I thought this topic was discussed before, but I couldn't find
> anything in the archives about it.  Is anyone able to access their
> AFS space from Linux here on campus?  I can do it with ARLA on my
> FreeBSD box, so I assume I should be able to do it on Linux (except
> that the Debian package for ARLA is beyond out-of-date, have to
> build from source... =P ).  Sigh, need laptop to arrive so I can
> try it... =P

Yes.  There are *many* ways:

	* IBM's own AFS client, which is now GPL'd.  I dunno if
          it's ready for prime time though.

	* Arla.  This has worked before for me.

	* Coda should work, I think.

	* Samba via pilot (?).

	* NFS (read-only) via afs.msu.edu.

	* FTP to pilot.

I have personally used arla, samba, NFS, and FTP at different
times.
--
"GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems,
 only some of them."