AFS on Linux?

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 16:13:02 -0400

Quoted from Ben Pfaff on Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 03:45:28PM -0400:
> > > 	* Samba via pilot (?).
> >
> > You said the 'S' word!!!!  Samba is a good idea, until you try
> > hacking the code to make it do things it doesn't want to do, like
> > work with our setup here at MSU.  Then Samba becomes the bane of
> > your existance... ;)  Or at least the bane of *MY* existance! =)
>
> Hmm, ISTR that it worked okay at the time.  But that was even
> more years ago, believe it or not.

My problem is that I'm working on the server side, where a box that
is an AFS client is also a Samba server that serves out that data
from AFS to Windoze boxen.  And I'm doing said development on a
Solaris box, which is itself somewhat foreign to me... =P

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org