AFS on Linux?

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
06 Jun 2001 15:45:28 -0400

Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> writes:

> Quoted from Ben Pfaff on Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 03:28:05PM -0400:
> > 	* Arla.  This has worked before for me.
>
> I figured it would since it works for FreeBSD.  Did you download
> packages or compile from source?

I downloaded packages at the time, but this was *years* ago.

> > 	* Samba via pilot (?).
>
> You said the 'S' word!!!!  Samba is a good idea, until you try
> hacking the code to make it do things it doesn't want to do, like
> work with our setup here at MSU.  Then Samba becomes the bane of
> your existance... ;)  Or at least the bane of *MY* existance! =)

Hmm, ISTR that it worked okay at the time.  But that was even
more years ago, believe it or not.

> > 	* FTP to pilot.
>
> Bah humbug!

The big problem with FTP is that it doesn't support making hard
or soft links.
--
"To prepare for the writing of Software,
 the writer must first become one with it,