Linuxconf?

Mike Rambo mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 13:44:51 -0400

I'd probably second the motion for webmin that some else suggested. As
was mentioned, it works with ssl. But to answer your question, Linuxconf
does have a CLI you could use in a telnet (or similar) session (does
everything the GUI does). Linuxconf was the standard config tool for
RedHat though at least 6.2 - not sure about the newer verisons.

I'll also mention that webmin has the added advantage (over linuxconf
anyway AFAIK) of being able to use third party plugin modules. There are
a number of third party modules already available and you being a guy
with the programming skills you possess I'm sure you could roll your own
anyway.

Hope this helps.

--
Mike Rambo