Hibernation options on laptops

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:37:59 -0400

OK, I was browsing for more info on hibernating my laptop and found

http://www.mobilix.org/Mobile-Guide.db/mobile-guide-p2c1s8-apm.html

At the very bottom of the page it mentions "software suspend",
which in the words of the page "...may even be better than hibernate,
because now I can suspend my Linux system, boot into Microsoft
Windows, perform a few illegal operations and be shut down, and
then restart my Linux setup exactly where I left off! This is
something that cannot be done with hibernation, since that always
restores the last state that you suspended from, be it Microsoft
Windows or Linux. So if I want to switch to Microsoft Windows to
play games or do anything else, I can leave my Linux desktop exactly
as it is and return to how I left it."

Anyone tried this?

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu