More Debian installation woes...

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 21:27:51 -0400

Quoted from Ben Pfaff on Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 09:13:13PM -0400:
> It's more likely a difference in "flavors" than version; e.g., if
> you installed from 2.2.17-compact but booted into 2.2.17-idepci,
> this would happen.

Bah, thought I got them from the same directory... who cares now
I guess, got my base system retrieved over the network and it just
finished untarring, so I'll do everything else after I finish
installing "stable".

> BTW the install disks are generally quite b0rked until just
> before Debian release, because the install disks are generally
> the last things to be ready before a release.  Personally, I
> don't ever install `unstable' (or `testing', now).  I install
> `stable', because it has install disks that actually work, then
> upgrade to `unstable'.  Upgrading is easy if you've got a net
> connection (just add `unstable' to your /etc/apt/sources.list and
> run `apt-get -uy dist-upgrade'), but installing from half-working
> install floppies is not.

Agreed... bork bork!! (hehe, you had to say b0rked didn't ya, and
give me little bit of Sweedish Chef inspiration for my late night
linux install... ;) )

ED

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu