CVS

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:58:58 -0400

Hmm... that was easy... just got CVS to update between boxes using
SSH... =)

setenv CVSROOT hurakan.cl.msu.edu:/home/CVS
setenv CVS_RSH ssh

Now I just need to get comfortable using CVS, and set up all the
CVS projects and such that I want to mirror.  I think I may try
and write some sort of frontend to CVS and rsync that can be
configured to use one or the other depending on the directory.
That way I can sync my large documentation tree (python, zope,
wxWindows, docbook, etc.) one way or the other (depending on which
one I update first) using rsync (since I don't care about version
control, nor do I want to allocate the extra space for it, pretty
worthless), and sync my important and ever-changing documents and
data using CVS, but have only one interface to worry about, say
"xsync <directory>" and have it do the right thing.  Should just be
a simple script to get me started:

#/bin/sh

if [ -f .sync_rsync ]; then
    (put rsync commands here)
elif [ -f .sync_cvs ]; then
    (put cvs commands here)
elif [ -f .sync_command ]; then
    (run .sync_command as a script)
fi

Hmm... I can see this program getting big real quick... recursive
syncs, syncs to different servers, etc... Guess version 2 will have
to be better than a few lines of sh! ;)

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org