grad school / openbsd / editors

Keyes, Randall randall.keyes@jnli.com
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:33:17 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0AB09.C2ECD932

In all seriousness, I have found that vender certification (MCP, MCSE,
CCIE,..etc) seems to be more important the graduate degrees unless you are
moving toward management.  Have others found this also to be true?

Randy Keyes
Network Services, JNL
randall.keyes@jnli.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Pfaff [mailto:pfaffben@msu.edu]
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 9:39 AM
To: linux-user@egr.msu.edu
Subject: grad school / openbsd / editors

So I went to the University of Michigan last Saturday to check
out their computer science PhD program.  It turned out to be very
cool, very exciting.  (More on this in my kuro5hin diary if you
care.)

There's one group out there that I'm hoping to work for if I
decide to go to U-M.  They do very cool hacking and research on
Linux--but their primary platform is OpenBSD.

This means that I need to learn more about BSD.  So on Sunday, I
installed OpenBSD on my extra box (pfaffben-2), and I'm learning
vi.  Yes, I said it, I'm learning vi (vim actually).  Via full
immersion at that: I'm using it to do all of my non-email related
editing (I really can't imagine quitting Gnus.)  It is *so*
painful learning a new editor.  It is worse than using a
different keyboard.  Thank ${DEITY} for multi-level undo.

Anyway, have some sympathy for me.

--
"Term, holidays, term, holidays, till we leave school,
 and then work, work, work till we die."

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0AB09.C2ECD932

RE: grad school / openbsd / editors