grad school / openbsd / editors

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:49:17 -0500

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 10:00:39AM -0500, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> Um, sure.  If I get deep enough into it between now and then.
> Although a real *BSD afficionado (Ed?) might be a better choice.
> I'm sure the differences between OpenBSD and FreeBSD are smalelr
> than those between Linux and OpenBSd.

FreeBSD and OpenBSD are going to be largely similar from the eyes
of the typical Linux user.  I'm willing to do a FreeBSD install
sometime at a meeting, and talk about the differences, though I'll
have to do some research, because I really don't remember a whole
lot about Linux anymore... ;)

> When *is* the next meeting, anyhow?  The webpage says the last
> meeting was February 4, and we're already in mid-March.

Um, whenever we want to meet... I'm pretty busy these days, so
chances are I won't be able to make the meetings anyways.  During
the week, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are shot between class,
lab, and Ultimate Frisbee practice, Thursday will likely find me
doing homework and CSE projects, since that's really the only
non-weekend time left to get classwork finished.  I'm out of town
the following weekends for frisbee tournaments:

March 17-18 (possibly, not sure yet)
March 31-April 1
April 6-9
April 14-15, 21-22, 28-29 (some combination of these weekends, TBA)

After being at work all day sitting at a computer, and staring at
buggy, poorly written, dysfunctional code for my CSE projects, when
I do have free time in my schedule, it tends to be spent as far
away from a computer as possible... ;)

Perhaps it's time to hand the "Awesome Cosmic Power(TM)" over to a new
genie... I haven't felt as though I've been doing much "Presidenting" [1]
lately, nor does it look like I'm motivating myself in that direction
right now. =P  With so much else going on, Linux just isn't much of
a priority I'm afraid.

Hmm, not quite what I had in mind when I started replying to the email,
but it's probably good to get my thoughts out of their little bottle [2]
for a while. =)

[1] Sounds like a word G.W. Bush would use when referring to himself!
Or would that be "presidentering"? ;)

[2] hehe, another reference (of sorts) to Disney's "Aladdin", which
believe it or not, I haven't seen in a long time, but for some
reason it's stuck in my head now!

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Michigan State University