Administrivia

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:16:16 -0500

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 10:33:02AM -0500, Sean wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Mark Szidik wrote:
> > Guess I had better reply to this.
> >
> > I will accept the nomination as high commander (if the group will have me).
> >
> > How should we make the transition?  Should we have an election or treat
> > this as a mid-term replacement?
>
> Interim replacement or Acting? I am kind of hanging on the edge of a vote
> just because it seems like others ran for the office, although I may be
> mistaken.
>
> If you do take the presidency, we still have an open position for your
> current position.

We probably should vote, otherwise we set a precident for presidents
picking their successors, which would probably be a "Bad Thing(TM)".
Even if it ends up something like "All in favor of Mark for Prez,
say Aye." "Aye" "All opposed" "<silence>" "Motion passed, Mark is
Prez," it's good to go through the motions.

So here's what I suggest:

1. Take nominations for pres, and have nominees accept
2. Vote for pres
3. If any positions open up (i.e. Mark or Roger ends up pres),
start another round of voting for that position.

Have your nominations, acceptances, etc. done by 4pm next Tuesday,
March 20.  Voting will take place Wednesday March 21 through Friday
March 23.  Let's try not to drag this thing out like some *other*
elections in recent history... ;)

So far we have:

Mark Szidik for President - Nominated, Accepted

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Michigan State University