crontab lynx

Eric Hendrickson erich@theotherend.com
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 02:52:44 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

I've recently upgraded from RedHat 6.1 to 6.2. It has seriously broken
scripts which run lynx from crontab. Running these scripts from a login
shell work just fine. And running these jobs from crontab on 6.1 work
fine.

When I run these jobs from crontab on RedHat 6.2 I get a message
"Your terminal lacks the ability to clear the screen or position the
cursor."

This is the same exact "lynx -dump" script that I've been using for the
last three+ years and three+ linuxes.

I've tried "lynx -dump -term=vt100 $URL" but that doesn't seem to help at
all. At this point, I am at a loss.

If anyone knows how to get lynx and crontab happy with redhat, i'd love to
hear it.

Thanks,

Eric