databases, optimization and open source

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:15:01 -0500

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 04:02:49PM -0500, Mark Szidik wrote:
> happens with commercial software.  I think this is yet another reason to
> use open-source products:  If something doesn't work in an open-source
> package, you can always change it.

Assuming the package is small enough to understand and change.  I'd
love to fix some bugs in Mozilla, but there's not a snowball's chance
in hell I'll ever find what I'm looking for, let alone understand
the source enough to fix it... ;)  Of course, it's not like Mozilla
crashes on me every day or anything, no, never... =)

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Michigan State University