Apache Bandwidth Throttling

Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 14:38:40 -0500

>I'm writing to the group hoping that someone has some experience setting
up
>a rate and connection limited apache server.  I have a web server that I'd
>like to limit to a few connections per IP and a few kbps per connection.
>The information I can find on mod_throttle and mod_bandwidth is sketchy at
>best.  I'm running a standard Debian stable install with Apache version
>1.3.9.  Does anyone have an idea where I can find some more information
and
>possibly sample configurations?

     I'm assuming you've already been to:

     http://www.snert.com/Software/mod_throttle/

     I haven't seen any other examples anywhere, although it might be worth
     checking out Apache Toolbox.  I was going to use mod_throttle for
outside
     connections to my SWAT/jnb server, but instead I went with Squid and
its
     delay_pools acl.  It works pretty much the same, but with Squid I can
do
     more in terms of managing traffic from my local network, too.

PaulM