DSL/Cable in the W. Lansing area?

Rocky Lichen rockylichen@excite.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:33:54 -0800 (PST)

Cable modem.  It's actually Voyager (should I now say CoreComm?) on the back
end and Millenium Digital Media (formerly Horizon Cablevision) provides the
connection.

It was not a pretty experience getting it hooked up, but it's always on,
doesn't tie up the phone and FTP will typically sustain 30-40K BYTES/sec
both ways.  It's about $50/month, but we've had it for a couple years now
and I'd hate to go back to dialup.

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 17:26:14 -0500, Daniel R . Kilbourne wrote:

>  Service in what way?
>
>  The only thing Voyager has available on the west side of Lansing is ISDN
(only certain areas - check with telco), or some sort of dedicated circuit
(expensive). I live in Grand Ledge, only 2 blocks from the damn switch which
GTE updated to be able to handle ISDN about a year ago, but since GTE wont
train their switch techs, they dont offer ISDN, therefore I have a 128K
Frame circuit from GTE (which voyager pays for) which is very damned
expensive.

>  Anyway, if you happen to live on the west side of Lansing, I think ISDN
is the only possible/reasonable choice, and that is of course only in
certain areas.

http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1