[Hello]

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
16 May 2001 13:35:21 EDT

"Clint Thayer" <clint@thayernet.com> wrote:
> Greetings...
>
> I'm a long time computer user, first time linux geek (aka fresh meat).
I've
> got a machine sitting on my dinning room table that needs an OS...
>
> So my first of what will more then likely be a boat-load of questions is...
>
> when is your next meeting?  The web site says the end of April, and I just
> wondered if you meet during the summers?

The next meeting should be the last Sunday in May, 6:00PM at the MLC (check
web page for directions.)  The web page is updated a bit more sporadically
than it should be.  If you need a distro, many of us have CD-Rs.  RedHat 7.1,
SuSE 7.1, or Mandrake 8.0 would be reasonable for a new user if you haven't
made your decision yet.  If you bring the machine to the next meeting, we can
probably guide you through the installation.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
"I backed up my brain to tape, but tar says the tape contains no data...."