[Hello]

Clint Thayer clint@thayernet.com
Wed, 16 May 2001 13:45:30 -0400

Thanks Matt,

After doing a little research and digging, I think I'm going with RedHat
7.1.  I looked at the latest from suse but could not find ISO's of the
latest.  Seems to me that they want me to buy the box version to get iso's.

One quick question though... does anyone know what version of KDE comes with
7.1 of redhat?

If I can find a keyboard and mouse today, I may try and install the red hat
version tonight.  If I run into questions though, I'll be sure to ask here.

again, many thanks...
-clint

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-user-admin@egr.msu.edu
[mailto:linux-user-admin@egr.msu.edu]On Behalf Of Matt Graham
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2001 1:35 PM
To: linux-user@egr.msu.edu
Subject: Re: [Hello]

"Clint Thayer" <clint@thayernet.com> wrote:
> Greetings...
>
> I'm a long time computer user, first time linux geek (aka fresh meat).
I've
> got a machine sitting on my dinning room table that needs an OS...
>
> So my first of what will more then likely be a boat-load of questions
is...

> when is your next meeting?  The web site says the end of April, and I just
> wondered if you meet during the summers?

The next meeting should be the last Sunday in May, 6:00PM at the MLC (check
web page for directions.)  The web page is updated a bit more sporadically
than it should be.  If you need a distro, many of us have CD-Rs.  RedHat
7.1,
SuSE 7.1, or Mandrake 8.0 would be reasonable for a new user if you haven't
made your decision yet.  If you bring the machine to the next meeting, we
can
probably guide you through the installation.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
"I backed up my brain to tape, but tar says the tape contains no data...."