LILO

Mike Szumlinski szumlins@msu.edu
Thu, 17 May 2001 09:07:02 -0400

> I did the "/sbin/lilo -v -v" command during one of the floppy boot ups and
> the only thing that looked non-normal was a reference to not finding
> "/dev/hda" (I'm not 100% sure that was the directory...  my memory is not
> fantastic).  I check out the readme they reference in the article, but at
> this stage on understanding, the readme has WAY to much info.

Do you have your install on your primary master hard drive? That is what HDA
is. Check out /etc/lilo.conf and see what it says, then check out /etc/fstab
and see if lilo is indeed pointing to the right drive.

-Mike
|Mike Szumlinski           |
|Michigan State University |
|A26079565                 |
"The future is no place to place your better days" -DMB