LILO

Clint Thayer clint@thayernet.com
Thu, 17 May 2001 09:22:47 -0400

I seem to recall that the drive is on the sec IDE bus...  I guess it didn't
cross my mind that it should be on the pri...

What should I be looking for in these lilo.conf and fstab files?

do you think I can just swap the sec and pri ide buses and it will work?

thanks mike

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-user-admin@egr.msu.edu
[mailto:linux-user-admin@egr.msu.edu]On Behalf Of Mike Szumlinski
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2001 9:07 AM
To: Lansing Linux User Group
Cc: clint@thayernet.com
Subject: Re: LILO

> I did the "/sbin/lilo -v -v" command during one of the floppy boot ups and
> the only thing that looked non-normal was a reference to not finding
> "/dev/hda" (I'm not 100% sure that was the directory...  my memory is not
> fantastic).  I check out the readme they reference in the article, but at
> this stage on understanding, the readme has WAY to much info.

Do you have your install on your primary master hard drive? That is what HDA
is. Check out /etc/lilo.conf and see what it says, then check out /etc/fstab
and see if lilo is indeed pointing to the right drive.

-Mike
|Mike Szumlinski           |
|Michigan State University |
|A26079565                 |