Linux costs more than Windows

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Thu, 31 May 2001 14:37:19 -0400

Quoted from Steve Duane on Thu, May 31, 2001 at 02:20:30PM -0400:
> I priced out a laptop on Dell's website not too long ago.  I configured the exact same machine from the 4 sections of the site (home, small buisness, medium to large buisness, and higher education) and got a different number each time.  So it may not neccessarily be Red Hat that's increasing the cost but Dell's inconsistent pricing scheme.

I did that too, got different options of hardware and different
prices.  Also, between some models within the same section (e.g.
home office), the same upgrade costs different amounts, for example
a 10gb->20gb hard drive upgrade is $100 for one model and $175 for
the other...  I'm assuming there's something different between the
two, but it's impossible to tell from the information given...

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org