Linux costs more than Windows

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Thu, 31 May 2001 15:04:30 -0400 (EDT)

Dell sucks. Harvard just dropped their contract with them.

Ben is right it is like 35 bucks for system software and office software
through the OEM deal, but along with that, Dell has to charge you the 35
bucks whether you get an OS or not on the machine.

The Linux system is a custom install thus they charge you for ghosting and
testing the machine..

They charge different prices based on different included software packages
and volume agreements, if you are a major Dell customer, your pricing
structure is different.