Linux costs more than Windows

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Thu, 31 May 2001 16:11:36 -0400

Quoted from Mike Szumlinski on Thu, May 31, 2001 at 03:36:42PM -0400:
> http://www.apple.com/education/store
>
> But seriously, the Compaq Armadas are probably the only PC laptop worth
> their weight. Thinkpads are nice, but they cost way too much.
>
> Harvard just dropped their purchasing agreement with Dell, as did the Umich
> Law School. I hate Dell.
>
> -Mike

Maybe I was looking in the wrong place, but from what I found there
were only two models of Compaq laptops below $2300 (minimum price
for that model), and only one model of all of them that had anything
better than a 14.1" XGA (1024x768) display.  Are there some major
discounts or rebates I'm missing?

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org